BROKEN ARROW YOUTH FOOTBALL ASSOC. (BAYFA) - RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Before participating in any camps, practices or games, you must do the following:
a. Fill out, in full and sign all necessary forms regarding your child required by BAYFA.
b. Tackle players must submit to BAYFA office, a completed, c. All fees and deposits paid in full to BAYFA. Registration fees are non-refundable. All returned checks to BAYFA will result in a $35.00 fee.
2. In order to hold registration fees and deposits to a minimum, parents may be asked to volunteer to work admission gates, concession stands, stadium clean-ups, field set-ups, chain crews, etc. Failure to comply will result in suspension of offending person and/or participant.
3. Parents/guardians are required to attend child's games. This is not only to ensure the safety of your child, but also to instill him/her with confidence, support and enthusiasm. Parents may be required to sign a parental code of conduct. BAYFA is a member of Indian Nations Football Conference and all directors, coaches, staff, parents, guests and participants of BAYFA must adhere strictly to all rules and regulations.
4. All tackle equipment issued is the sole property of BAYFA except for game jersey. All uniforms and equipment must be returned to the BAYFA office in good condition within 10 days of the last game of the season. If your son/daughter discontinues active participation in BAYFA, their uniform and equipment must be returned within five (10) days of such discontinuance. You shall be charged and be required to pay a rental fee of $3.00 per day for each day the uniform and equipment is delinquent or the replacement cost of such uniform and equipment at the election of BAYFA. In the event an attorney is employed in the attempt to obtain the return of the uniform and/or equipment rental charges or replacement costs, then you shall also be liable for reasonable attorney's fees, cost of litigation and other reasonable expenses.
5. Practices shall be at specified times, designated by the coach of your team and upon approval of the Board of Directors. Parents must have their child/children to practices and games on or before the designated time and shall pick up their child/children immediately after such practices or games. There will be no more than four (4) practices per week, limited to two (2) hours maximum per practice. Participants are expected to attend all practices and the last practice before a game is mandatory. Failure to abide by this rule may result in sanctions or discipline being imposed on the participant including extra duties performed or sitting out of the game that week. The BAYFA Board of Directors must approve any variance of this rule.
6. Parents, relatives or visitors are not allowed on the sidelines or playing field during a game. A coach, official or BAYFA director may waive this rule only for the purpose of carrying out a specified duty.
7. BAYFA is for our YOUTH and as such, BAYFA cannot and will not permit profanity, abusive language, unsportsmanlike conduct, alcohol, drug use or any other conduct of a manner which could be deemed offensive. This rule shall apply at all practices as well as all games and events.
8. If you incur a grievance, you are urged to first discuss the matter with your coach. If not resolved, you should communicate to your field coordinator. If then not resolved, you should present your grievance to the BAYFA Board of Directors.
9. Football and cheer leading are team sports and requires team effort. The coach will have the authority to discipline a player during practice for reasons felt necessary by the coach to maintain order and control of the participants. The coach or coaches may elect to eject a player from the field of practice or to sit on the sidelines as a disciplinary measure. If the player is not summoned to return to practice, this shall be called an absence. 50% absences in one week may result in the sitting out of the game for that week.
10. A voting member of BAYFA must have paid their membership fee of $5.00 prior to Sept. 15th of each year.
11. The infraction of a rule or regulation by a participant, parent, guardian or their guest at a game or practice, shall be dealt with by the BAYFA Board of Directors and may result in action taken against such offender in one or more of the following:
-Verbal or written reprimand
-Banning said offender from a game or games
-A fine imposed for each offense committed by said offender being a maximum of $200.00 for each offense.
-The removal of an offender or offenders from any and all functions of BAYFA for a period of time deemed appropriate by the BAYFA Board of Directors.
-Any other such action as the BAYFA Board of Directors may deem appropriate.
Right to Refuse Service
By accepting the terms of membership in the BAYFA I acknowledge that BAYFA is a private organization and that it reserves the right to refuse membership and/or participation to any person whose actions hinder the activities of BAYFA and that such determination will be at the sole discretion of BAYFA.
IT IS AGREED THAT ANY MATTER IN DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND BAYFA SHALL BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO COURT ACTION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION, A COPY OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST FROM THE COMPANY. ANY DECISION REACHED BY ARBITRATION SHALL BE BINDING UPON BOTH YOU AND THE COMPANY. THE ARBITRATION AWARD MAY INCLUDE ATTORNEY'S FEES IF ALLOWED BY STATE LAW AND MAY BE ENTERED AS A JUDGEMENT IN ANY COURT OF PROPER JURISDICTION.
The Parties agree that if the BAYFA prevails in any litigation or arbitration brought arising from any dispute, then BAYFA shall be entitled to recover all costs, expenses and attorney’s fees associated therewith.
PARTICIPATION AUTHORIZATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
For himself/herself and for his/her spouse and for his/her child and other children hereby represents and agrees to the following:
My child has my permission to participate in all sponsored or endorsed activities. The Association and its Board Members and Directors, Officers, Coaches, Coaching Staffs, agents and licensees are hereby released from any and all liability or responsibility for any injury that may occur to my child, to me, to my spouse and any of my other children resulting directly or indirectly from my child's participation in activities including, but not necessarily limited to, league tournaments, practice games, practices, transportation to and from games and tournaments or otherwise and the use of practice facilities, games facilities, concession facilities or any other facility.